Deploying With DeployMaster
Fourteen steps are involved in putting your software into a deployment package using DeployMaster:
- Supply general information about your software package on the Project page.
- Select which versions of Windows your setup should support on the Platform page.
- If you want to, you can create a nice background for your setup program on the Appearance page.
- Localize the strings used by the setup program to the language of your software on the Language page.
- You can have your setup program ask the user for identity information by selecting the options on the Identity page.
- Select of which files your package consists, and arrange them into components on the Files page.
- If your application can be run in a portable manner (i.e. without modifying the host computer) from a removable medium like a memory card or USB stick, configure DeployMaster’s ability to install your application in a portable manner on the Portable page.
- If any registry keys should be created during the installation, specify them on the Registry page.
- Create any file associations that should be made, on the File Types page.
- If your application relies on 3rd party libraries or applications, such as the Microsoft .NET framework, add those to your installer on the 3rd Party page.
- Specify what should happen when the installation is complete on the Finished page.
- When releasing a new version of an existing setup package, choose the update options on the Update page.
- Determine the format, destination, and digital signatures of the generated installation package on the Media page.
- Have DeployMaster generate that package on the Build page.