Conventions Used in the DeployMaster Documentation
- Whenever there was a choice between masculine and feminine pronouns, one gender was chosen at random. DeployMaster has been designed to be equally useful for both men and women. We hope that anybody needing an installation tool, men and women, will find DeployMaster to be a very attractive choice.
- "You" refers to the person who will be using DeployMaster to distribute her software or her company's software. Since you are reading this text, which is the documentation for DeployMaster Builder, you are probably such a person.
- "The user" is the person who will (attempt to) deploy that software, packaged by you with DeployMaster, on his system. So he is either your customer or working for your customer. Making him happy will benefit your cash flow.
- The phrase "installation/setup/deployment program" is the software that the user will interact with. This is the package that you will distribute to the users. The generic name for this file is setup.exe.
- "DeployMaster" means either the DeployMaster Builder program that you will use, or the DeployMaster setup program the user will use, or both.